All members and visitor alike are expected to familiarise themselves with the range rules for the WCSU Shooting Facility so as to ensure a safe environment for all shooters (please talk to the MSA Range Officer on duty for any assistance you may need). KEEP IT SAFE!
Do you want to be a range Officer ?
BECOME A MSA RANGE OFFICER AND PUT SOMETHING BACK INTO YOUR CLUB
If you would like to become an MSA appointed Range Officer
Top 10 Classic Examples of Safety Issues
Members and visitors are kindly requested to adhere to the SAFETY RULES of MSA and WCSU at all times. There are MANY instances where shooters have a lapse in concentration and do something that is not conducive to maintaining a safe shooting environment. The TOP TEN Classic examples that our Range Officers will be watching out for.
- Pointing firearms in unsafe directions when loading and un-loading firearms.
- Incorrect loading and un-loading procedures.
- Pointing firearms in unsafe directions when attending to malfunctions.
- Incorrect grip on handguns with a danger of slide and hammer bite.
- Sweeping the muzzle of loaded or un-loaded firearms with hands and other parts of the body.
- Unbagging firearms behind the firing line and swinging the muzzle though the line of shooters.
- Handling of firearms and equipment on the bench when the range is safe and people are forward.
- Disregard for the RED LINE when the range is safe.
- Loading and unloading of firearms in the car park instead of under the Range Officer’s supervision.
- Discharging firearms after the command “Cease Fire” has been given.
THE RED LINE BELONGS TO THE RANGE OFFICER ON DUTY!
PLEASE READ THE ABOVE POINTS CAREFULLY AND HELP YOUR FELLOW SHOOTERS FEEL SAFE AND AT EASE ON OUR RANGES!